Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Sweet Answer for a Sweet Soul

Just today as the Sunday celebration was about to start, I was waiting for brethren at the door... a sweet girl came to me and gave me her respect and hugs. I asked her about the text message she sent thru my daughter's cellphone....how her family was doing...with tears in her eyes, she said to me, "Nanay, I don't see that as a big problem...coz I know that my God is bigger than whatever trial we faces this time." I was so blest with her faith coz this morning, before I left home, my thoughts were so preoccupied with all the cares of this life...my children's "baon" for the whole week, our monthly dues...the people that needs to be visited and ministered this week....my mind was so bugged with all the cares of this life that I forgot to realize the very reason I was in the church--- that is TO WORSHIP AND GIVE TO GOD ALL THE HONOR AND GLORY HE SHOULD RECEIVE. As I was worshipping, my heart was crying as I saw that sweet girl dance to her heart's joy and worship God with all her might setting aside whatever problems they faces in their family. At the end of the worship service, all I uttered to God is to bless the prayer of that sweet girl and bless her heart for her worship is more pleasing with what I was offering God then....

Sometimes, God checks our lives with the lives of others and makes us focus less on our needs but on the needs of others who are needing much our prayer supports. Let us not fix our eyes on the things of this world, but on the things that matters most....that is living more and loving more the people of God.


Olga Sto. Domingo

No comments:

Post a Comment