Saturday, July 4, 2009

Expect The Unexpected

God has been dealing with my "people pleaser" attitude since last month. There are a lot of incidents that tested me -- one even made me cry, but thank God! He still forgave me and I really learned from it! (O well, back to main topic) Ever since childhood I've been trained not to offend anybody, I'm bothered everytime someone is angry or mad at me and to cope up with that I see to it that I please everybody. I thought all along that what I'm doing is right, until I realized that I'm pleasing other people just to spare myself from humiliation. I never wanted to place myself in an awkward situation because I might be shamed. I'm a church kid and yet it seems that it is just now that I'm really born again. More than 18 years of my life was been spent uplifting myself; but now, I feel like that I'm born again 'again'. God taught me how to be a 'GOD pleaser' rather than 'people pleaser' through my experiences and devotions.

Just this week, Monday my revelation was on Joshua 1:7 'Be strong and courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left that you may be successful wherever you go.' I believe that God is telling me to be strong and courageous in winning the lost and consolidating them. And the application I wrote on my journal was... "I'll be courageous!! I'll start a bible study in our dorm" but those words just stayed in my journal, I never did anything that day and even the following day. I didn't took the courage and initiative to ask my friends if they're free and if they can have fellowship with me -- I've been deceived that they're busy and they won't have time for that! I even thought that they may find 'me' weird. BUT I believe that God has a plan because my devotion last Wednesday was unusual (I felt that God is 'literally' speaking to me) and its written on Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." I was really shocked when I read that and I remembered my devotion last Monday, it's almost the same, but this time God is 'reminding' me to obey His command. And right after I finished my devotion, I immediately texted my friends and to my surprise most of them agreed!! God really moves!!

After class, I prepared for our fellowship, I bought food even if it is out of my budget. Though I spent a lot this week, I'm once again surprised that I still have a lot of extra money, beyond what I expected!! It's God's grace and miracle I believe :D

During our fellowship, I was really glad that they were very receptive and participative! One of them (attended our cg last summer, I taught her how to do her devotion) even shared how much she enjoys her devotion which encouraged the others to do the same. After our fellowship one of my friend texted me that she just finished doing her first devotion and she felt light and glad! I'm really amazed!! God will really help us whenever He commanded us to do something. They even asked me to inform them early next week so that they can fix their schedule. (We planned to have our cellgroup every week! God is at work in ourlives :D) One of them even asked me if she can bring her friend over!! I was really amazed with their response!! :)

God proved to me and made me realized that I musn't worry about what other people may think of me. Others may find me weird, others may find it boring, but if we'll entrust everything up to Him, if we'll obey His commands, If we'll die to our flesh and forget all the humiliation... HE will surely BLESS US for He was pleased with our OBEDIENCE. :D

Let us not be deceived by the ENEMY!!! God can remove all hindrances just like what HE did in the Red Sea and Jordan River for us to achieve our promise land. If God is leading us towards our multitude, let's fight and win this battle!! For our Lord will be with us wherever we'll go!!

I encourage each and everyone to start reading and applying God's word for you will surely feel a different kind of gladness and blessings will just pour down on you unexpectedly. Let's conquer this BATTLE!! LET'S PLEASE GOD and EXPECT the UNEXPECTED! :) God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment