Monday, July 27, 2009

THE ARROW OF GOD by: Les D. Crause

As an archer places his arrow into his bow and launches it out against the target, so I would do with you. I want to use you to destroy the enemies of my Kingdom. I want to use you to capture the prey. I want to use you to defend my Body from harm and attack. But there are some important conditions that need to be met. For the archer does not use any arrow to do his work. His arrows are hand picked and have been prepared carefully for use. They have been made from green branches that have been stripped of their bark and left to dry in the sun. They have been kept straight so that they can fly straight and hit their target. For how can an arrow hit its target if it is bent? And as the archer prepares different arrows for different tasks, so I am preparing you for the task that I have in mind for you. For you are a very special arrow to me, and I have gone to a lot of trouble to prepare you for my use. It hurts when the bark is removed from the green branch. It hurts when the wet stick is allowed to dry in the sun. It hurts when the arrow is stretched under pressure as it dries, to prevent it from curling or bending. It hurts when it is cut and carved and shaped into a weapon of war. But look at the end result. It is an arrow that the archer can be proud of! It is a weapon of war. It flies proudly through the air and finds its target. And all the pain of preparation is forgotten. Will you be my arrow? Are you prepared to submit yourself to the arduous preparation of one who is to be my instrument of war? The price is great, but oh how wonderful the end result! How marvelous it is when I fit you into my bow and send you forth in flight to do my work.

Thought: Are you more than willing to be THE ARROW OF GOD this CONQUEST???

No comments:

Post a Comment