Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Come into the Presence of the Lord by: Les D. Crause

A new day, and once more you face the future. Sometimes it looks bright, but there are times when the way is very dark, and you do not know which way to turn. At times like that you wish you could just arrange an interview with the Lord, and ask Him all the questions you have on
your heart. If you could arrange such an interview, what would you ask? What would you say to Him? Well the good news is that you do not have to hope and imagine that such a thing is possible. Because it is not only possible, but the Lord is waiting for you to do just that. He wants you to come into His presence and hear His voice.

Consider the star that shines brightly in the darkness of the night, breaking the darkness with its welcome light. As you look up your eyes are drawn to the beauty of the light, and you do not notice the darkness anymore. Yet the light of the star shines on night and day. It has been shining through the ages without ceasing. But you do not notice the star during the day. It is hidden by the brightness of the sun. And sometimes even at night it is not clearly visible when there are lights all around you. But come to a place that is devoid of light and filled with darkness, and suddenly it appears, sending forth its radiant beams of light for you.

My child I speak in your heart every minute of every day. And there in the darkness I shine my light for you, to give you comfort and strength and encouragement along the way. But you go
your way, most of the time not seeing nor hearing my inner voice. When you are surrounded by light you do not need it. When you hear my Word and sense my presence and anointing it seems unnecessary for you to listen to that inner voice, which is so small in comparison. And when
your way is lit by good things, somehow you do not see the need to draw aside with me into that secret place to hear and enjoy my presence within.

But when the way grows dark, then you begin to search for some light in the darkness. And like the human eye when it enters a dark room, you begin to hunt for that faintest glimmer of light on which to focus. And then suddenly you become aware of that light within. Suddenly you realize that I am to be found in a place that you did not expect me. For my presence is closer than breathing, nearer than a heartbeat. And yet so few there are who find me in that place of
inner solitude and peace.

But like the star that has shed its light for centuries, I have been there all along. I have been pouring forth my light, and speaking forth my love to you from the moment you invited me into your life. And all you need to do to behold my beauty is to come aside from the lights of the world around you, and enter into that place of solitude with me. And there you will find me waiting
for you. And you will see that I am ready to share with you, and light your way, and lift you up. Until the darkness is over, and you can once again face the day ahead.

Why not take some time to come into the presence of the Lord. Do as Jesus did each day before He began His work. He went aside to spend time alone with the Father and to receive directions for the day that lay ahead. You can do it too. All you need to do is turn off all the bright lights around you that distract you from that still small voice that speaks deep within each one. You will be amazed what you will hear if you take the time to listen....

No comments:

Post a Comment