Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When Plans Fall Flat by: Les D. Crause

I know what it is like to really try at something and just come up unstuck; when all the plans I made fall flat. I guess it is the Lord's way of making me realize that I can do nothing without His direction and strength. And so today I want to share that lesson with you.

Child you are stumbling in the dark and you keep falling and hurting yourself, says the Lord. Yet right there behind you is the light to lead your way. But you persist in driving deeper into the dark, and in so doing hurting yourself over and over again.

Was there anything child, that you have successfully accomplished in yourself?
Was there at any time, a plan that you completed and a level that you achieved in your own strength? Have you ever in yourself made one of your dreams come true? When you lie in bed and dream of things to come, do you really think they will come to pass? No. Rather you hope they will, but knowing inside that the possibility is slim. I can give you that assurance if you would just take it. Can you not see that I can give you those dreams in your hand? Can you not see that I will bring all these things to pass in your life - if only you would take my hand?

Child, I desire not to take from you, but rather I come with a heart to give. I shed tears on your pain and I long to comfort you when you are all alone. When you are lonely you turn to so many other things in the hope that they will fullfil. And yes, for a time they do, and then they go, and you find that the loneliness did not leave, but rather was just covered for a time. Why won't you let me fill you so that you are full to overflowing?

My precious, do you not know that I cry for you? Do you not know that when you fall I weep at how you hurt? Please child let me help you. Let me lift you up. Let me lead your hand to the light, where everything makes sense and you can see your way clear. There is nothing now on your path except a greater darkness and a greater loss. What do you have to lose by taking my hand? What have you lose, except your loneliness and your frustration and your aimlessness?

You think I come to take from you, but my child, I want to add to you that boldness you seek and that affirmation you seek. I can and want to give you all these things, but it is for you to take, for you to decide. I will not push myself on you or force you to have what I have to offer. But remember my little one. When the night is dark and when the way is tough - remember, and when you graze your knee - remember, and when you are lost and alone - remember. Remember I am right there at your side, ready to catch you should you decide to fall into my arms.

Your nights are not alone, for I am there. Your way is not lost, for I am there, Your mind can be made clear, because I am there. Whether you want me there or not matters nothing, for I am always there, wanting to hold you, wanting to love you, wanting to make your way free.

The Lord is with you no matter what you do - whether you are having fun, or just settling down to bed. And He is but a prayer away when you think that you are falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment